MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Affirmative action hiring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affirmative action hiring
I don't know how intense it is now but it was when I was in SF, California years back. I scored the highest on an employment test involving statistics for a California State position. I could tell in the interview I wasn't wanted. The one "white guy" who was there was also involved in the interview, apparently to make it look like there was fairness. He was clearly homosexual. There appeared to be about 2/3 foreign-born employees, largely from the Philippines, in the large office I went to and mostly all women. I found out later from a foreigner friend that for that State of California agency one of the foreign nationals who worked there getting one of the exceedingly high salaries that you'd think would be only available for citizens, that she unlawfully gave a non-citizen a job there, ie without going through the normal hiring procedures. The drama was that the woman she gave the job to acted in a bad way which made her feel she wished she didn't do it. Maybe without the drama aspect I wouldn't have found out, not sure.

Our country was on a major decline for decades. The above happened in many varieties with government employment. I was just hoping to win the lottery getting an overpaid government job then quit after five years. The way I spend, I would have been set for retirement by age 40.

My life could have turned out so much differently. I probably would have been married and had kids. Instead, just getting a glimpse of the labor market and being pushed down at every turn which includes all the private sector employment (besides the racism aspect there is jealousy, idiocy, a hiring manager wanting only to hire a woman for possible sexual relations, and so much more).