MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
So what happened to the original MC?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what happened to the original MC?
MC disappeared in a fast fashion with nothing, no message to the sign in page, no email to the members saying we're closing do for a time or for good and 9 months later it reappears.

Will there be any explanation letting people know why the sudden disappearance of the site?
(12-31-2020, 06:00 AM)Rick Wrote: MC disappeared in a fast fashion with nothing, no message to the sign in page, no email to the members saying we're closing do for a time or for good and 9 months later it reappears.

Will there be any explanation letting people know why the sudden disappearance of the site?

I have no idea but I really missed it. I liked hearing the take on different things, and there were many opinions. I hope more  MC people find it.
(12-31-2020, 06:00 AM)Rick Wrote: MC disappeared in a fast fashion with nothing, no message to the sign in page, no email to the members saying we're closing do for a time or for good and 9 months later it reappears.

[quote] Crayons >>>.Rick: I used to tell y'all, the 'Mountain View Marxist Owned Servers' were runnin DDoS
attacks...Many here poo-poo'd me and thought I was crazy...But I saw the attacks on this site on
my "NetLimiterPro-Software" >>>It would light up like Fireworks...That said I hope you are well.

FYI>>>If a site is down no one can access Private Messaging...And most of us here never contacted anyone by email or phone 'period'...In other words we just never bothered anyone privately, so we had no contact when the site went down.

By the way Google is Evil >>> Google is Evil & Google Sucks
(02-27-2021, 03:31 AM)crazyon Wrote:

Quote: Crayons >>>.Rick: I used to tell y'all, the 'Mountain View Marxist Owned Servers' were runnin DDoS
attacks...Many here poo-poo'd me and thought I was crazy...But I saw the attacks on this site on
my "NetLimiterPro-Software" >>>It would light up like Fireworks...That said I hope you are well.

FYI>>>If a site is down no one can access Private Messaging...And most of us here never contacted anyone by email or phone 'period'...In other words we just never bothered anyone privately, so we had no contact when the site went down.

By the way Google is Evil >>> Google is Evil & Google Sucks
Without (a seen) warning, the hosting company shut the site off. Bam, all at once. They sent an email telling what action had been taken. Reas stated was because the RAM usage was way over allowable limits for the shared server plan. That does make sense because there had been notices from the host in the past.

Moreover, there was a known design flaw in the coding that necessitated occasionally going into a particular file and dumping the built-up data that kept track of some something.

After forgetting where that file resided among the maybe 2,000 individual site files, it was really only a matter.of time before the dead-end appeared. Attempts to then hire a programmer failed.

The site owner, overwhelmed with his own design flaws during those months, just put the whole problem on the shelf. Ultimately, a few ounces of energy appeared, then sprouted more energy, whereupon this forum was built. That's the whole story.
Hi Crazyon, good to see you here and to hear your postings again, thanks for the expose', I believe what you're saying.

Hi Dev or CreekFinder for the explanation on what happened to the old MC, I liked it also.  Glad to see this forum up and thanks for creating it.

Nice to be able to start posting again.

Rick