MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Deveray.com, or MeetChristians.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deveray.com, or MeetChristians.com
It was taking me too long figuring out how to fix or what to do with MC. There have been attempts.

Deveray began as a backup and training function. I installed WordPress months ago and labored a fair amount to get it designed and running. But the forums I looked at and tried are all pathetic. Design tools were also amateur (from this perspectivo). So it sat idle

MC got taken offline (without notice) by the host due to coding issues tapping too much RAM on the server.

Then I finally decided the other day to just plop a sophisticated forum package into MC. Yet some technical problems arose. 

Therefore, I diverted the effort to deveray. com.

When time permits, I will try to get MC operational with the same forum software used here. But some of the limited rules will be different than the limited ones at this forum.

Afterward, I figure to keep them both running. Doing so is real easy after giving up on the hope of fixing the antiquated and feature-starved coding that ran that site.

Anyone is welcome to join here and stay. When available (and if a Christian), join the new MC as well.
I Welcome MC back Dev!  Great Going!

I don't know php, but have you considered phpBB?
Not sure if it is what you needed or not.

MC didn't work yesterday.  I'll try again later if I get the chance.

TTUL
Gary
(12-21-2020, 12:35 AM)Gary208 Wrote: ... but have you considered phpBB?

TTUL
Gary

Yes. Interesting you would mention that one. I actually installed PhpBB first the other day.

Then, to my near shock, there were no table columns (maybe even no database function) for showing views and replies in the forum topics view page.

I then did searching to find out how to turn those functions in, or why they were missing at least. It seems they are part of a trend. I remember hearing reecently about Facebook and Twitter doing or planning the same thing. In their case, they got upset that conservative opinions were amassing huge view and approval counts.

Dumbest thing heard all month. Though I do get 'their' reasoning.

So I installed this one after reading comparison reviews to SMF. The one here drew more enthusiasm. And I am thrilled. It is better than expected even, plus of course retaining the traditional views and replies count.

Also, even though untried by me so far, there are ratings of topics available. Think like Amazon with products. Some disagree. But for me, those additions are terrific.

Good to see you signing up. Plus the world needs a place where liberal billionaires will not be forbidding discussions that contain political truths. We'll see if many people, new or veteran, hear about the site and show up.
(12-21-2020, 02:09 AM)Randal Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 12:35 AM)Gary208 Wrote: ... but have you considered phpBB?

TTUL
Gary

Yes. Interesting you would mention that one. I actually installed PhpBB first the other day.

Then, to my near shock, there were no table columns (maybe even no database function) for showing views and replies in the forum topics view page.

I then did searching to find out how to turn those functions in, or why they were missing at least. It seems they are part of a trend. I remember hearing reecently about Facebook and Twitter doing or planning the same thing. In their case, they got upset that conservative opinions were amassing huge view and approval counts.

Dumbest thing heard all month. Though I do get 'their' reasoning.

So I installed this one after reading comparison reviews to SMF. The one here drew more enthusiasm. And I am thrilled. It is better than expected even, plus of course retaining the traditional views and replies count.

Also, even though untried by me so far, there are ratings of topics available. Think like Amazon with products. Some disagree. But for me, those additions are terrific.

Good to see you signing up. Plus the world needs a place where liberal billionaires will not be forbidding discussions that contain political truths. We'll see if many people, new or veteran, hear about the site and show up.

Hmm. I'm not getting a separate new message box for some reason.

Oh wait, this must be it, hi hi.

The best forum is one you are comfortable using, and which you understand how it works the best.

The other day the MC.com link wasn't working, today it is, so I guess you have it forwarding to this Dev.com site now.

I belong to an old website using phpBB and he has it running the way he wants, but he also know php fairly well too.

Have a Very Merry Christmas Dev!