MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
A discussion about Prayer with someone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A discussion about Prayer with someone
Prayer, some things I've learned over time about it, as I was talking to someone, bringing back things to her memory. 

1 - I always ask the Father to wash me in the soul cleansing blood of the lamb and forgive me if I've done things wrong against Him.
So I can
Heb 4
[16b] ...come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

2 - My prayers seem to get stronger and way more focused when I ask the Lord to put the prayers into my heart that He would have me to pray and to bring them out by His Holy Spirit as I don't always know what to pray for.  This seems to help me to focus on God in the heavens and Jesus at His side.
Roman 8
[26] Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Proverbs 3
[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
[6] In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

In the simplest things I want God in my life directing me. The children of Israel were tricked by the inhabitants of Gibeon:
Josh 9
[4] They did work wilily, and went and made as if they had been ambassadors, and took old sacks upon their asses, and wine bottles, old, and rent, and bound up;
[5] And old shoes and clouted upon their feet, and old garments upon them; and all the bread of their provision was dry and mouldy.

The children looked at everything the strangers had, it all appeared old, why ask God, it was simple, they could see with their eyes it was old, go ahead and make an agreement with them, and so they were deceived by the people of Gibeon, they leaned to their own understanding.

I've found that even though everything looks fine and dandy, best to be like Nehemiah and go to the Lord immediately and ask help of Him.

3 - I try to empty my mind of all thoughts / thinking of everything that would take my mind off the Lord in the heavens and distract me.
2 Cor 10
[5] Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,

The devil loves to get us thinking about what we are going to do after our pray time with the Lord; maybe thinking about a person; something that happened in our past or something someone did or said; or whatever will take your mind off God.  You fill in the blank, it doesn't matter how he tricks you and takes your mind off God, he just wants to steal your attention, destroy your power in God and in the end kill your soul or any good you might do because he's destroyed one of the fundamental cornerstones of your spiritual life, focus on God especially when praying.

How many times have I started doing something, dishes and thinking I'll use this time to talk to the Lord, 'praise you Father, thank you Father, praise yo.........', 15 minutes later I'm done with the dishes and I don't remember really talking with my Father.  I remember thinking about what I'll do afterwards, maybe what happened at work or what someone said, doesn't matter, my mind was distracted and the devil stole my thoughts and focus after only a few seconds it seemed.  He doesn't care how he gets you, as long as he gets you.
Ecc 11
[3] If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.
Whether you fall towards the north or the south, in the place you fall there you are, FALLEN.

The mind is the final battle ground and the devil try’s to steal your understanding, and that's your understanding during prayer of the GREATNESS OF YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER.

When a scribe asked Jesus what is the 1st commandment, Jesus said,
Mark 12
[28] And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
[29] And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
[30] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

To which the scribe answered Jesus
[32] And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
[33] And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength,

The scribe substituted the word 'understanding' for the word 'mind' which Jesus used, and Jesus said to him,
[34] And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God.

So with your understanding focused on the Father when you pray, directed to God, this is what is pleasing to our Father, and it's a fight sometimes all the time to maintain that focus.

1 Cor
[15] What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

4 - Start your prayer with praising and thanking the Lord, focusing on Him.
Psalms 100
[4] Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Praising and thanking God, putting your understanding on Him, your focus on Him when we come into His presence in prayer, acknowledging Him that we need Him and His leading when we asking Him to put the prayers into our hearts and bring them out by His Holy Spirit.  By asking Him for help He will give it, Jesus said, 'ask, and ye shall receive'.

These are some things I've learned / experienced, and by no means is it meant to be a guide for prayer.  But I learned these things and wanted to share it.

I hope it may be edifying to anyone who reads it.
Such an important subject. Thank you  Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on
Thee because he trusts in thee. Isaiah 26:3
Reminding the Saint's >>> We Have Power Over The 'devil and his minions'

Ephesians 6:10-18 KJV
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints
KJV: King James Version
12345485  you hit the nail on the head.

Isaiah 26
[3] Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee because he trusts in thee.

When a person’s mind is stayed on the Lord, their focus is on God in the heavens, the grace and peace of God is multiplied unto them.
2 Pet. 1
[2] Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

Through the knowledge of God flowing in their mind and thoughts, it presents a habitation for the Holy Spirit to dwell and rest.  It doesn’t matter what is going on around them, the only thing occupying their thoughts is God and His greatness.

We’ll have the confidence that God is with us
Pss.46
[1] God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
[2] Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
[3] Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
[4] There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
[5] God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
[6] The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
[7] The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.  …....

Life is 10% circumstances and 90% the way we view those circumstances.

If we view our circumstances from a vertical point of view to the heavens God will strengthen us and we will see them as only 10%, but more importantly we see God.
Luke 21
[28] And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

If we view our circumstances from a horizontal point of view of earthly visions we will live in fear and weakness spiritually.
Luke 21
[26] Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth:

The devil fights like, well the devil to distract our thoughts from having the knowledge of God FLOWING through our minds because he is afraid that the knowledge of God will take hold in our hearts and minds and we’ll be like Jesus, faith will spring up in and out of us as a well of living waters to give drink to those that thirst.

So the devil tries to distract us with his thoughts, to cast down the knowledge of God from our minds and there by exalting his thoughts above the thoughts of God in our minds.  And what are these demonic thoughts of the devil, anything that will keep the thoughts of God from flowing in our minds.

Paul knew the battle that all Christians fight and the war that is waged in against us said,
2 Cor 2
[11] Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Paul knew if a person was going to follow Jesus that person would have to fight;
1 Tim 6
[12] Fight the good fight of faith,………………..

And that as a Christian a person would have to fight to kept the faith God gave to us
2 Tim 4
[7] I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

So for us to have the perfect peace from God we have to fight to obtain it and then fight to retain it.  To have the knowledge of God flowing in our minds so that grace and peace would be multiplied we have to cast down the distractions and imaginations of the devil and bring into obedience the fleshly thoughts of our old man of sin with the desires.
(02-03-2022, 06:02 AM)Rick Wrote: 12345485  you hit the nail on the head.

Isaiah 26
[3] Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee because he trusts in thee.

When a person’s mind is stayed on the Lord, their focus is on God in the heavens, the grace and peace of God is multiplied unto them.
2 Pet. 1
[2] Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

Through the knowledge of God flowing in their mind and thoughts, it presents a habitation for the Holy Spirit to dwell and rest.  It doesn’t matter what is going on around them, the only thing occupying their thoughts is God and His greatness.

We’ll have the confidence that God is with us
Pss.46
[1] God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
[2] Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
[3] Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
[4] There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
[5] God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
[6] The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
[7] The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.  …....

Life is 10% circumstances and 90% the way we view those circumstances.

If we view our circumstances from a vertical point of view to the heavens God will strengthen us and we will see them as only 10%, but more importantly we see God.
Luke 21
[28] And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

If we view our circumstances from a horizontal point of view of earthly visions we will live in fear and weakness spiritually.
Luke 21
[26] Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth:

The devil fights like, well the devil to distract our thoughts from having the knowledge of God FLOWING through our minds because he is afraid that the knowledge of God will take hold in our hearts and minds and we’ll be like Jesus, faith will spring up in and out of us as a well of living waters to give drink to those that thirst.

So the devil tries to distract us with his thoughts, to cast down the knowledge of God from our minds and there by exalting his thoughts above the thoughts of God in our minds.  And what are these demonic thoughts of the devil, anything that will keep the thoughts of God from flowing in our minds.

Paul knew the battle that all Christians fight and the war that is waged in against us said,
2 Cor 2
[11] Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Paul knew if a person was going to follow Jesus that person would have to fight;
1 Tim 6
[12] Fight the good fight of faith,………………..

And that as a Christian a person would have to fight to kept the faith God gave to us
2 Tim 4
[7] I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

So for us to have the perfect peace from God we have to fight to obtain it and then fight to retain it.  To have the knowledge of God flowing in our minds so that grace and peace would be multiplied we have to cast down the distractions and imaginations of the devil and bring into obedience the fleshly thoughts of our old man of sin with the desires.
Thank You So Much for this post
There are probably at least a few hundred prayers being said around the globe at any given moment. I always wonder how they are all kept separate in order to make the decisions for any actions to be taken with regard to each one of them. And of course they just keep coming non-stop 24/7.
(07-22-2022, 06:02 PM)rstrats Wrote: There are probably at least a few hundred prayers being said around the globe at any given moment. I always wonder how they are all kept separate in order to make the decisions for any actions to be taken with regard to each one of them. And of course they just keep coming non-stop 24/7.

Hi rstrats, thanks for the post. 
I'd probably say there are quite a lot more prayers being said around the globe at any given moment.   And by looking at how many timezones there are, the prayers would keep on coming non-stop.

I've read your statement:
"I always wonder how they are all kept separate in order to make the decisions for any actions to be taken with regard to each one of them."

and wondered what you meant by that.  We're you talking about how God keeps track of them or if someone else is keeping track of them?

Please clarify that for me if you would so I can understand what you're referring to.

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Rick