MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Vpn's

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vpn's
Do you have any thoughts on VPN's?  Which ones are better?  What do you think of Proton vpn?  Are there any good American based ones?
(03-06-2021, 02:26 PM)12345485 Wrote: Do you have any thoughts on VPN's?  Which ones are better?  What do you think of Proton vpn?  Are there any good American based ones?

Doesn't anyone know anything about them?
Think the indian guy from India used a VPN and Darrel maybe mentioned using one at one time

I don't worry about it stateside...Am accessing this site through
'HTTPS' encrypted DNS...Am also accessing this site with java
OFF. Only one IP shows up on my Netlimiter as 50.7.78.34 out of chicago when connecting/posting to this site
Today I when signing in, the only IP showing on the NetLimiter is 50.87.151.30 on port 443...that should sound familiar to some of you.

when posting this message the only IP showing is 2.19.195.130 on port 80
Non encrypted ""HTTP"" (I find that interesting)

It is listed as akamai-static out of the netherlands
with spectrum from 2.19.195.1 - 2.19.195.255 = a2-19-195-1.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com.
(03-10-2021, 05:34 PM)crazyon Wrote: Today I when signing in, the only IP showing on the NetLimiter is 50.87.151.30 on port 443...that should sound familiar to some of you.

with spectrum from 2.19.195.1 - 2.19.195.255 = a2-19-195-1.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com.

So you don't think we need a VPN in the U.S.? or is it because of your location?
(03-10-2021, 11:59 PM)12345485 Wrote: So you don't think we need a VPN in the U.S.? or is it because of your location?

crazyon says:I believe VPN's are very useful if one is connected to a high speed landline...but most folks use one of the telecom's=wireless carriers and a smart phone.

telecoms advertize one can use a VPN and there are phone settings
for entering VPN IP addresses into your tracking device but the telecom is always the middleman and can still read your searches and messages.

That said > VPN's are very useful when communicating from a foreign country,like say China to the U.S.A. on secured hard wired high speed encrypted connection and a locked down computer...I've had a British professor sympathetic to the chicom gubmint brag to me online
about using his VPN to communicate out of mainland China...
(03-10-2021, 11:59 PM)12345485 Wrote:
(03-10-2021, 05:34 PM)crazyon Wrote: Today I when signing in, the only IP showing on the NetLimiter is 50.87.151.30 on port 443...that should sound familiar to some of you.

So you don't think we need a VPN in the U.S.? or is it because of your location?
Kind of like what Crazyon might be alluding to, I was told the "s" in https eliminated the need for VPN add-ons. One of my sources was a tech at Hostgator. The other source I don't recall.

Either way, I have sort of resigned myself to the idea that so much about me is already known by any surveillance operation that wants to know about little ol' me as just one of these days many thousands who have ID'd the liars in America. 

We lost the war. That's my view. The only questions remaining are how long they will let us keep using sites to learn and share truth while Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and others ban anyone daring to try.

Perhaps we will get to go on, though get ignored mostly, or called white supremacist if like a couple of sites getting too loud for the NWO to never mention.

Shit, we couldn't even get informed Christians to rescue their own children from 12-16 years all day long being taught what to think by STRANGERS. How insane is just that?

Then when parents were told that the strangers doing the teaching were feeding satanic ideas to students (along with outright lies about evolution, global warming and history), even that information failed to get more than around 5 percent of parents to opt for private schooling. 

Very few now are resisting the enemy.

That's why I mostly stopped trying to be a warrior in the big fight. YouTube also took away my audience.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, VPN. I Am too lazy for bothering to seek more info. But if you learn the whole story or the info appears, I will take a look, then probably still just keep writing online without the layer of protection. I am not a threat to the bad guys. Too small. If I got big, then yeah, maybe for private emails I would see if a VPN were useful and needed.
There are free VPN's out there. and it's easy enough to download one. Here's one   https://protonvpn.com/    but I don't know if it's the best one. Lots of opinions out there.   Dodgy
(03-16-2021, 04:02 PM)12345485 Wrote: There are free VPN's out there. and it's easy enough to download one. Here's one   https://protonvpn.com/    but I don't know if it's the best one. Lots of opinions out there.   Dodgy

Free certainly gives the choice a whole new look.